File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- CM9 for Galaxy Y S5360 [Filename: cm-9-20120803-UNOFFICIAL-totoro-0.1.zip]
How to Install Jelly Bean CM9 ROM on Galaxy Y S5360
- Connect your Galaxy Y S5360 to PC using USB cable.
- Copy all downloaded zip file to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. Once the screen turns on, let go of the Home button, but keep holding the Volume Up & Power button together till the device boots into CWM recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Then perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-9-20120803-UNOFFICIAL-totoro-0.1.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button (tap on it if using touch version). Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized ICS ROM CM9. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.0.4 ICS based custom ROM CM9 now installed and running on your Galaxy Y S5360. Share your CM9 custom ROM experience with us in comment.
Pages:: Page 1 | Page 2 |